Gringa Española is a name that was given to me by a friend of mine which has sorta stuck. I'm an American born Spaniard, Puerto Rican, and Mexican. My grandmother also claims that there is French somewhere in there as well (which makes me smile). Needless to say I've experienced an identity crisis a time or two.
I was born and raised in a small town in New Jersey, just 20 minutes outside of New York City. I love New Jersey and New York City equally, although New Jersey will always be home. Yes I really did say I love New Jersey. Why are you surprised?
So how did this blog come about?
In April 2008 I made the decision to quit my job as a media research analyst in New York City and move to Montreal in order to learn French. I have always been slightly obsessed with French in general, and seeing as Montreal is much closer to home than France (not to mention much less expensive) I made the move.
Currently I am a writer and photographer, and yes full time blogger.
Other nonessential tidbits.
I'm hopelessly addicted to frozen yogurt, my puppy Nico, Anthony Bourdain, and pomegranates. I talk in my sleep and wonder if people heard me when I was staying at hostels. I have lived in the beautiful Garden State NJ, New York City, Madrid, Florence, and
Montreal.
No comments:
Post a Comment